Sunday, March 20, 2011

My first moon shot!

Hi and Salam leute~

I think I've abandoned this blog for so long now that I'm too occupied with life. Okay lets cut to the chase, I went out yesterday night(yes people.outside my house.) to try to capture the supermoon shot with my DSLR and my new lens I just bought- It's EF-S 55-250mm which I bought specifically to capture the supermoon shot.

However, it has been raining cats and dogs last night so all I can see was a cloudy night with no moon at all!! *cries* I have to wait for another 20 years for the supermoon to arrive to earth and by then I'd be so old -.-
Eh, but but, the night before the supermoon, I've managed to take a moon shot after the rain stopped at around 11PM so here are my shots from the unedited version to the last bit of editing.

I know it's not that great but this was my first attempt and I'm proud of it. :)

The unedited version. Captured at 250mm

Trying to do a lil bit of editing.hence,the xoxo.LOL


After crop, brighten,contrast etc2 using photoshop cs4 here's my final result!
Okay, I refer to the guideline from goldfries' blog on how to shoot the moon. You might find the blog useful. :)

Camera: EOS 550D
Lens: EF-S 55-250mm IS with IS OFF
Shutter Speed: 1/50
ISO 100
Aperture: f10
WB Auto
TRIPOD
No flash triggered

I literally squatting like idiot in front of my house just to get this shot. haha.. well, See ya soon readers.


No comments:

Post a Comment